On today’s episode, Heather and Kelsey talk with Jessie Golden. Jessie works with women to get to the bottom of addictive patterns of eating. Rather than using abstinence, she advocates for an intuitive based approach.
In the past two episodes, Kelsey and Heather have focused on abstinence from addictive foods. This approach is the other side of the coin and the conversation will get your wheels turning!
If you have questions or comments, please write to email@example.com. Heather and Kelsey will discuss them when they wrap Season 1!
Be sure to like and subscribe on your preferred podcast platform!
Reclaiming the Food Relationship with Jessie Golden
Tune in to this week’s episode to meet Jessie Golden and how she advocates for an intuitive based approach to food.
TUNE IN + SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM:
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How did you get into this space and what work do you do?
- I help women heal their relationships with food.
- The reason I started doing that for my work is I had a very tumultuous relationship with food and my body both very intertwined for almost a decade.
- I went to the Institute with the Psychology of Eating, studied there and then wanted to get a little bit more nutrition. I’ve been working with clients for over 2 years now.
- How do you define the term “food addiction”?
- I try to steer clear from the word addiction just because that can carry with it so many negative connotations and also the identity that people can form and attach to when you use that word. So I prefer to just focus on relationships with food.
- That negative relationship with food often manifests as using food as a coping mechanism – as something outside of nourishment, pleasure, or anything positive that we can think of.
- Is your current program intuitive-eating based?
- Those intuitive-eating principles were designed by two registered dietitians, and that’s a whole program in and of itself, where mine is kind of a combination of some of those principles, with also a lot of personal development getting into the deeper layers with it.
- I think there’s a fine line between listening to your body and letting it all just go haywire.
- I came out with a new program recently: Sustainably Lean Academy, which is focused on weight loss, and that’s controversial in the intuitive eating space.
- Where can people find you online?
Do you have questions or comments about this episode?
SHARE ON PINTEREST:
SEE MORE PODCAST EPISODES:
Join Heather today as she chats with Belkis Crowe. Belkis owns her own meal prep service, so she has ALL the tips for faster food prep. She also understands the foundational relationship between food and loving yourself (or someone else!).
Self-care has no definition. For some, it’s a spa weekend and facials. But for most of us, it’s about foundational habits that keep us at the top of our game. Kelsey and Heather share their tips and own habits for self-care.
Heather and Kelsey get together to wrap up Season 1. They discuss their biggest takeaways about food addiction and questions moving forward.